A month ago my family and I took a trip. I discovered as I was handing my suitcase off to the security guy at the airport that I had a stow-away - a dryer sheet that had been on my floor (yes, my room was a mess at the time) had gotten itself stuck in the wheel of my suitcase. Oh well, I thought, it will fall off as it is going through security and being put on the plane. Nope, this was a tough little dryer sheet and I was amazed to see it still clinging to the wheel of my suitcase when we pulled our luggage off the carousel at the Long Beach airport. In honor of this tenacious dryer sheet, I am including the following pictures of its trip.
First, it survived a car ride all over Los Angeles (it didn't complain nearly as much as our Gorgeous Grandmother). 
Then it made it on a choppy boat ride twenty-six miles across the sea to Catalina Island.
Then it hung in there during the trek from the boat dock to our house.
I think I offended it slightly by not including it in our very important trip to Big Olaf's!
But apparently I was forgiven since it stuck in there on a return trip to Long Beach and another car ride to the cemetery to visit my Great Aunt and Uncle's graves.
It enjoyed a little rest in Ontario while we checked out Lauren's new home...
and Grandma practiced her paper boat making skills.
After giving Lauren her "Old Maid" cards for her birthday, I (as usual) spent way too much money at H&M to refill my suitcase (that will teach my family to get a hotel right by a mall with an H&M). 
After 10 days of fun in the sun and being lazy on Catalina Island, it decided there is no place like home and returned to Salt Lake City, dirtier and a little more ragged.
A FABULOUS trip was had by all.
and Grandma practiced her paper boat making skills.
4 comments:
That is too funny. :) I loved the post. What is "H & M"?
I'm glad you had a fun trip! How funny about your dryer sheet. I love H&M. We used to live by one in Wisconisn.
What a fun way to catalog your trip! Funny little dryer sheet...
I hardly recognized your brother, he's all grown up :)Sounds like a GREAT vacation!
Wow, what a vacation! I love that little dryer sheet!
Post a Comment