Sunday, July 22, 2012

China - The Finale!

Our last day in China was spent at the Forbidden City.  That place is huge!  It took us at least two hours to just walk from one end to the other.



One of the interesting things about the buildings there - the number of animal statues that are on the edges of the roof would show that status of the person living in that building.



Again, it would have been nice to go in some of the buildings, that is something that I really missed, actually seeing the rooms and how the buildings looked on the inside.  But we were able to peek around the crowds of people and see in a couple of the rooms.



The one building we could go into was a bathroom, a four-star facility! Once I heard even four-stars don't mean anything more than a hole in the ground, I decided to stay outside! 



After the Forbidden City we had some lunch and had some last minute shopping before heading home to pack up.  We had to get a picture with Maggie, our tour guide before we left.



And I had to get a picture of the gas masks that were so thoughtfully provided in our hotel room!



The next morning we were up super early to drive to the airport, after sitting around forever at the airport, we were finally let through security (I'm not sure what the hold up was) and on our way home! It was a wonderful trip - we had such a fun group, and I was honestly a little sad to leave them in LA instead of flying all the way to Salt Lake with them - although not enough to give up my next adventure - Disneyland with JETLAG!! :)






1 comment:

MeLynn and Greg said...

That first picture is incredible! I don't know if I'll ever make it to China but I've loved seeing your pictures of it. It's like a completely different world. I can't wait to hear about your next adventure!