Thursday, September 4, 2008

Being Brave

I had to put a quick post in here proving that I can be brave! A couple weeks ago my ward went on a campout to the Heber Valley Camp. They have challenge courses there with team building activities and a zipline or swing (depending on which course you are on). Those who know me know I HATE heights. But, after seeing everyone else in my group do it, I figured I needed to be brave and go for it. They strap you into a harness and then the other members of your group hoist you up to the top of a tree - a good 25 feet off the ground - then you let go of the rope and go swinging. It was slightly terrifying - and not that comfortable - but it was FUN - and I am glad I did it!

Later that day we went on a hike, it was INCREDIBLY hot - I am SO not a fan of hiking at 3 in the afternoon. But, the view from the top was gorgeous! So - it was almost worth it.

2 comments:

jkribbit said...

Way to be brave!! I'm "well-pleased" of you!

Juli said...

Great job being brave! Sounds like you had fun except for the heat.