Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Oh What Do You Do In The Summertime?

I have been informed that is has been too long since my last post. So I guess I'll post some pictures from my latest summertime activities.

Camping
Every 4th of July my family goes camping at the Spruces. It is SO fun to get away from the heat and relax. We have the best campsite - cool and shady with a lovely running stream as background noise! This years trip was a little longer than most because the 4th was on a Friday - we went up Thursday night after work and stayed until Sunday night. I was INCREDIBLY disgusting by the end - I think three days with no shower is my limit!
Dan set our hammock up right over the stream - then he fell asleep in it and almost fell out.









I don't know about you - but this is what we do when we go camping! (sorry guys - you know I had to post them)
























The waterfalls and scenery in our campsite





I had way too much fun taking pictures of our fire!



Our neighbor's granddaughters "painting" with wet sidewalk chalk


Grandma came up for dinner a couple nights - but apparently didn't want her picture taken.


Poor Dan got some tree bark stuck in his eye - his two "nurses" tried to flush it out with some water - but that only succeeded in giving us a shower - some of it ran into his mouth and he sprayed it all over us! We finally got it out with a q-tip.


2 comments:

Melonie and Dave said...

OUCH!! How do you manage to get bark in your eye? What were you guys doing?!?!
Looks like a lot of fun, but where is the picture of the E.T. doll? :)

laurenlou said...

You suck, PS. :-)